Bookings at holiday properties in England
Following the most recent Government briefing there are no longer any restrictions on households or guest numbers allowed in holiday accommodation in England.
Bookings at holiday properties in Scotland
Bookings from 19th July to 9th August - From 19th July bookings are expected to be allowed for up to eight guests (children over 12 years old are included in this number) from four households as Scotland moves to level zero restrictions.
Bookings from 9th August - From 9th August Scotland is expected to move beyond level zero.
As the guidance is subject to review and indicative at this stage, we will be in touch with guests whose party numbers exceed these limits closer to the time of their booking. However, please email us if you have a booking during this period for multiple households and would prefer to act now. You can either defer the booking or cancel with a full refund (less the booking fee).
Book with confidence
In the event of the following scenarios arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, you would have the option to defer your booking, receive a credit note or cancel your booking and receive a full refund less our non-refundable booking fee of £19.50. The below applies to both new and existing bookings.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19, including UK-wide or regional lockdowns which prevent you from travelling on holiday.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19 that prevent travel to the area in which your holiday property is located.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19 that prevent overseas visitors travelling to the UK.
- Government restrictions imposed on the number of households permitted to stay in a holiday property as a result of COVID-19.
- The requirement for you or any of your party to self-isolate as a result of a positive test result for COVID-19 (please send copy of email or text).
- The requirement for you or any of your party to self-isolate as a result of an instruction from Government tracking schemes (please send copy of email or text).
- The closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of COVID-19.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply.
Our normal booking procedure should be followed including the date by which your balancing payment should be met.
We have shared national guidelines with our owners in relation to cleaning protocols which set out the extra measures to be taken. These have been carefully considered and developed at industry level to help minimise the risk and protect the health and safety of guests, as well as housekeepers and support teams involved in preparing the property.
This may mean a change to guest arrival and departure times to allow extra time for cleaning. It may also mean that some non-essential items are removed from the property to minimise touch points and reduce risk. Guests will also be asked to observe certain protocols during their time in the property and on departure. This is to protect the health and safety of all concerned and to continue to support and safeguard our local communities. Further information will be shared with you prior to arrival at the property and on arrival at the property.
What to do if you or a member of your party display symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on holiday
Please follow the government guidance as set out below.
It is imperative that you do not travel to your holiday property if you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.