What to do if you or a member of your party display symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on holiday
Please follow the government guidance as set out below.
It is imperative that you do not travel to the property if you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
Bookings for multiple households
Please check the latest government guidance and if your booking is affected, please contact us to discuss the options.
Book with confidence
In the event of the following scenarios, you would have the option to defer your booking, receive a credit note or cancel your booking and receive a full refund:
- Government restrictions imposed on travel, including regional lockdowns or restrictions imposed on overseas visitors.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel to our area or any cross border restrictions.
- The re-closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of Covid-19.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply.
We have shared national guidelines with our owners in relation to cleaning protocols which set out the extra measures to be taken. These has been carefully considered and developed at industry level to help minimise the risk and protect the health and safety of guests, as well as housekeepers and support teams involved in preparing the property.
This may mean a change to guest arrival and departure times to allow extra time for cleaning. It may also mean that some non-essential items are removed from the property to minimise touch points and reduce risk. Guests will also be asked to observe certain protocols during their time in the property and on departure. This is to protect the health and safety of all concerned and to continue to support and safeguard our local communities. Further information will be shared with you prior to arrival at the property and on arrival at the property.
Temporary UK VAT rate reduction
On 8th July, the Chancellor announced a reduced rate of VAT (5%) from 15 July 2020 to 12 January 2021 which will apply to the supply of holiday accommodation. We have received a few queries in relation to how this will apply to bookings which we seek to clarify below:
- Crabtree & Crabtree act as agent / intermediary between the guest and the owner of the property, i.e. we are not the direct supplier of the accommodation. We have been advised that therefore, the booking and marketing service that we provide does not fall within the scope of the VAT reduction, so there is no reduction on the cost we charge our owners for this service or on our booking fee.
- The vast majority of our holiday home owners are not VAT registered and therefore the reduced VAT rate is not applicable.
- The rate for self-catering holiday accommodation is based on market value regardless of the VAT status of the owners or the current rate of VAT. The published prices agreed by guests at time of booking therefore remain final.