New household restrictions announced for Scotland today (22nd September)
We are awaiting further detail on the new restrictions announced today by the First Minister. Once we have further details, we will begin contacting guests starting with the most immediate arrivals.
Local COVID restrictions for Northumberland from 18th September
The restrictions will be monitored closely and reviewed on a weekly basis. We are contacting guests, starting with immediate arrivals up to the 1st October and will review subject to further government guidance.
If your party comprises one household or support bubble we will ask you to confirm this in writing by email.
If your party comprises more than one household or support bubble, unfortunately your booking will not be able to go ahead and you may choose to:
- Reduce the guest numbers to comply with the restrictions of one household or support bubble.
- Defer your booking to a later date.
- Cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
Guests currently on holiday in Northumberland
If you are currently staying in Northumberland please click here to read the relevant government guidance.
The 'rule of 6' - restrictions on group sizes
Following the Government updates of 9th and 10th September, we are contacting parties with bookings for seven or more guests, starting with those whose bookings are immediately affected.
Holidays in England – please click here. A maximum of six guests from multiple households may stay including children and babies.
Holidays in Scotland – please click here. Six guests or fewer, from two households may stay. Children under 12 do not count towards the limit.
Please note that different limits apply to guests travelling from areas with local restrictions – please see guidance below.
Travel advice from areas with local restrictions
Please click on the links below to read the latest guidance. Please contact us asap to discuss your booking if you are due to be travelling from an area with local restrictions in place.
Guests travelling from an area with local restrictions in England – please click here for further information.
Guests travelling from an area with local restrictions in Scotland – please click here for further information.
Guests travelling from an area with local restrictions in Wales – please click here for further information.
Guests travelling from an area with local restrictions in Northern Ireland – please click here for further information.
Book with confidence
In the event of the following scenarios, you would have the option to defer your booking, receive a credit note or cancel your booking and receive a full refund:
- Government restrictions imposed on travel, including regional lockdowns or restrictions imposed on overseas visitors.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel to our area or any cross border restrictions.
- The re-closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of Covid-19.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply.
We have shared national guidelines with our owners in relation to cleaning protocols which set out the extra measures to be taken. These has been carefully considered and developed at industry level to help minimise the risk and protect the health and safety of guests, as well as housekeepers and support teams involved in preparing the property.
This may mean a change to guest arrival and departure times to allow extra time for cleaning. It may also mean that some non-essential items are removed from the property to minimise touch points and reduce risk. Guests will also be asked to observe certain protocols during their time in the property and on departure. This is to protect the health and safety of all concerned and to continue to support and safeguard our local communities. Further information will be shared with you prior to arrival at the property and on arrival at the property.
Temporary UK VAT rate reduction
On 8th July, the Chancellor announced a reduced rate of VAT (5%) from 15 July 2020 to 12 January 2021 which will apply to the supply of holiday accommodation. We have received a few queries in relation to how this will apply to bookings which we seek to clarify below:
- Crabtree & Crabtree act as agent / intermediary between the guest and the owner of the property, i.e. we are not the direct supplier of the accommodation. We have been advised that therefore, the booking and marketing service that we provide does not fall within the scope of the VAT reduction, so there is no reduction on the cost we charge our owners for this service or on our booking fee.
- The vast majority of our holiday home owners are not VAT registered and therefore the reduced VAT rate is not applicable.
- The rate for self-catering holiday accommodation is based on market value regardless of the VAT status of the owners or the current rate of VAT. The published prices agreed by guests at time of booking therefore remain final.
What to do if you or a member of your party display symptoms of COVID-19 whilst on holiday
Please follow the government guidance as set out below.
It is imperative that you do not travel to your holiday property if you or any of your party are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.