Candle-lit dining experience in a chic Northumbrian Bothy
Here at C&C we’re all about celebrating life’s milestone moments both big and small. Whether a big birthday, an anniversary, a honeymoon or a large reunion, every special occasion gathering is made even more special when spent in an exquisite holiday home in stunning surroundings.
New for 2023, we’re delighted to introduce you to The Bothy on the Cragg Estate – exclusively available to guests staying at Broadgate House and Risingham House – a chic and recently refurbished Northumbrian bothy set in a magical and rather undiscovered part of the English uplands. Lit entirely by candlelight, warmed by a wood burning stove and with floor-to-ceiling glass windows offering spectacular views across the surrounding hills, The Bothy makes for a truly memorable dining experience – perfect for a special occasion.
To celebrate its arrival, we’re offering one group of up to twelve guests the opportunity to enjoy a complimentary four course dinner when you book a stay at Broadgate House for a week between the 17th January and 20th March.
Starting with champagne and canapes in the drawing room at Broadgate House, you will then be driven a short distance across the estate in a Land Rover before being treated to a delicious four course dinner prepared for you by local chef Vicky Moffitt. Using locally sourced ingredients, you’ll feast on hearty dishes such as Northumbrian lamb, dauphinois potatoes and tarte Tatin in the candle-lit bothy before returning to Broadgate House where you’ll enjoy your cheese course.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own drinks and wine pairings – or arrange for them to be delivered to The Bothy in advance – as they will not be provided over dinner.
To snap up this fantastic offer, book your week-long stay at Broadgate House using the code:
BOTHY23. T&Cs apply.
* Please note the menu provided is a sample menu and is subject to change according to availability and seasonal ingredients. Please notify us of any dietary requirements upon placing your booking.
Set in a picturesque corner of the Cragg Estate, The Bothy is an ideal place to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, family gatherings and more. Exclusively available for guests of Broadgate House and Risingham House to hire during their stay, The Bothy can be booked on request throughout the year. Cosy in the winter with candles and a log burner, it’s equally lovely in the summer for al fresco drinks and convivial meals enjoyed around the enormous open firepit.
Terms and Conditions:
- The complimentary four-course dinner is available to guests staying for one week or more at Broadgate House between 17th January and 20th March.
- The dinner is subject to availability and will need to be booked on an evening that suits you and your guests during your stay. Should the caterer not be available on your chosen date, we will arrange for the dinner to take place on another day during your stay.
- The dinner must take place during your stay at Broadgate House only and cannot be changed for cash.
- The dinner will be a set-menu but may change subject to the availability of ingredients and your party's dietary requirements.
- Please note that in the event of thick snow, your dinner may be served to you at Broadgate House, rather than in The Bothy.